Monday, May 7, 2012

Magenta Lotus

At the end of May I'll be hosting lots of my family when they all come to celebrate with me. It has been just the push I needed to get some spring cleaning done and also to tackle some repair jobs. Of course, it is actually autumn in the southern hemisphere so technically it's autumn cleaning, but you get what I mean.

We've been working on making the spare rooms more guest friendly and adding a few touches to make them feel more welcoming. When three of my children left home last year (ugh, empty nest almost... don't like it at all) but the girls relocated all their personal things to their new homes and there was just no personality left. So we're working on that and here's the first item to get a spruce up.

I bought this little lotus votive holder at a bargain price from my local Pillow Talk shop. It had some slight damage (hence the big price markdown) but the colour is perfect for one of the rooms. And it only needs a simple fix.


A touch up with Piñata Alcohol Ink in Señorita Magenta and a fine paint brush will do the trick.

Less than 2 minutes later, the repair is almost invisible. I'll place it with the repair facing the wall and no one will ever notice it. Bargain!

Having relatives come to visit is a great excuse to get things done around the house. And there are a great number of them to do. I hope I can share more as the month goes on.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.