Here's what you'll need to make these earrings:
- 2 crystal studded silver snowflake charms
- 2 10mm Night Blue Swarovski glass pearls
- 2 6mm silver crystal rondelles
- 2 14mm silver 4-petal bead caps
- 2 12mm silver star-shaped bead caps
- 7cm fine silver cable chain
- 2 silver ball head pins
- 2 4mm silver jump rings
- 2 interchangeable silver earring wires
- chain nose pliers, round nose pliers and flush cutters
Place the jaws of the chain nose pliers against the rondelle and bend the head pin above the jaw so you have a short neck. Place the round nose pliers in the bend and form a loop.
Pull the tail of the head pin across the stem to complete the eye loop.....
and then wrap the tail of the head pin around the neck, securing the bead and findings firmly in position.
Trim away the excess wire with flush cutters.
The wrapped loop should look like this.
Open the last link of the chain and hook on the wrapped loop before closing again.
Attach the snowflake charm to the chain with a jump ring so that it sits just above the loop of the glass pearl component.
Insert the earring wire through the top link of the chain and then gently press the loop of the earring closed.
Make a second earring to match and you'll be all set to sparkle your way through your Christmas celebrations!
Join me again later in the week for the next pair of earrings in the Twelve Days of Christmas Earrings Extravaganza!
Supplies from: Snowflake charms from All About Beads; 4-petal bead caps from Beads Online