The latest piece is a re-string. She had bought four strands of moonlight and pearl beads.
Anyway, what she wanted was a double strand necklace. And with a beadboard, this was easy to do. By simply laying out the strands of beads in the channel it was obvious how many more beads were needed in the outer strand.
I also added a few more to the inside length and eliminated the extension chain. I'd measured this on Mum beforehand to make sure I'd have it the right length for her. This is one of the real benefits of making your own jewellery.... being able to customise the lengths of your necklaces!
The original necklaces were strung on beading thread and I decided this was the best solution for this particular project... being able to hide the knotted thread inside a calotte is a neat and tidy way of ending each strand before connecting it to the double stranded clasp.
'Til next time.....