Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Double Bows with Bow-Easy

Whilst I was demonstrating how to tie perfect bows with the Bow-Easy at the recent Scrapbook Expo in Brisbane, one of the onlookers (a visitor from New Zealand) spoke to me afterwards and suggested I could tie a double bow. She was quite adept at using the Bow-Easy herself so she quickly demonstrated how she did it. I didn't catch her name but I just wanted to thank her for sharing her idea and I thought I'd share it with you too.

You need to get to figure 4 on the Bow-Easy tutorial first and then follow the pics below.

1. Wrap the tail around the legs a second time
so that it looks like this.


2. Push the tail through the slot and pull it through to the other side. Pull the tail towards you but leave some slackness in the loop you've just formed.


3. Wrap the tail up and over the loop

and then back through the loop and out to the right hand side.
4. Tighten the knot by pulling it to the centre

and then pull it firmly

until the knot is tight.

5. Slide the bow off the Bow-Easy.

6. Separate the two loop layers by sliding out the inner loops on the right
and then on the left.


7. The finished double loop bow.

P.S. Tying double loop bows works best with soft ribbons such as organza and very soft satin. Stiff ribbons are more difficult to tie into firm knots and don't sit as well as the soft ones.

Would you like to comment?

  1. I'm glad you found it helpful, Cynthia. If you're ever stuck and need a refresher, I also have a video that shows you how to do it. It's old too but you can see it here: https://youtu.be/O-JXXArMj_U

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.