Now available! - Christmas Tree Earrings Collection

Now available! - Christmas Tree Earrings Collection
Add a touch of magic to your holiday outfits with festive Christmas earrings. I’ve gathered together 12 of my all-time best Christmas Tree earring designs from previous years in this one special ebook. From traditional to modern, you’ll find a variety of styles, techniques and materials and something for every level of jewellery-maker.

Friday, July 12, 2013

How to Replace the Jaws on Nylon Jawed Pliers

My book deadline is inching closer every day and it's time to begin photography of the step-by-steps. I've done the test photos to make sure the lighting is good and I've got all the settings right on my camera and my publisher has approved them. But it's amazing what detail the macro lens picks up.

Apart from my hands being under the microscope (I see a manicure in the very near future!), so are my tools. And it's quite apparent that I have loved them almost to death. Take a look at my nylon jaw pliers to see what I mean....

Luckily, just like my hands and nails, my nylon jaw pliers too can have a makeover! Here's how you do it.

Just undo the screw with a screwdriver

Replace the old nylon sleeve with a new one .....

 and screw it back in with a bit of pressure so that the screw penetrates the nylon.

And that's all there is to it - brand new pliers to straighten out all my kinked wire!

So, next makeover on the agenda is my hands. It's time to book that manicure!

'Til next time....


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin