Now available! - Christmas Tree Earrings Collection

Now available! - Christmas Tree Earrings Collection
Add a touch of magic to your holiday outfits with festive Christmas earrings. I’ve gathered together 12 of my all-time best Christmas Tree earring designs from previous years in this one special ebook. From traditional to modern, you’ll find a variety of styles, techniques and materials and something for every level of jewellery-maker.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bird's Nest Bracelets

I'm sure you've seen them everywhere - those darling little bird's nests, skillfully woven out of nothing but wire. I have no idea who first came up with the idea but with birds being such a popular trend in crafting, the idea certainly caught on. I have always wanted to have a go at making them and finally I set some time aside to do a little nest weaving.

They are strangely addictive. I found that I couldn't stop at making just one - I wanted to make them up in all sorts of colours so that I could turn them into adorable pieces of jewellery. Here's a look at some of the bracelet styles I made up. They will all be available for purchase this weekend at the SSI Stamp Camp so if you're a bird loving crafter, I hope that you'll make one of these little nests your own.

A memory wire bracelet featuring Swarovski Crystal sliders and beads
Lots of different charms in a variety of shades of brown and gold. This one has freshwater pearls in the bird's nest.
An assortment of turquoise beads including a carved turquoise rose.
I love the hummingbird clasp on this very pretty pink bracelet.
An assortment of different coloured metals makes this one my favourite. The Czech glass leaves add just a bit of movement to it.
Tomorrow I'll have a ring, earrings and necklaces to share. Hope you'll check back then.

'Til then....


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin