Friday, June 22, 2012

Doodling Butterflies

What do you do when you're staying in a motel room without access to your craft supplies?

Sitting around with idle hands drives me crazy (just ask my DH!). So on a recent visit to Canberra, the only crafting supplies I could take were pen and paper.

Keeping in mind the butterfly projects I've been creating lately, I die cut several butterflies and packed them into a ziplock bag with a fine black marker. Whenever I got a few spare minutes I whipped them out and started drawing.

Here's a peek at what I've been working on.

I haven't forgotten about the final shadow box in my black and white butterfly series - it's still on the drawing board. But perhaps some of these will make it into the last one.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline. It's quite a challenge to create identical wings but at the same time it's quite therapeutic.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.