Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012 - We had a Smashing Good Time!

Farewell 2011........... it was nice spending time with you.  But I am glad to say goodbye to you and to welcome Two Thousand and Twelve!

Or is that Twenty Twelve?

I have trouble saying that.... it just doesn't seem to roll of the tongue the same way.

At some point we will have to switch to saying it this way..... we can't, after all, get to the end of this century still saying Two Thousand and Ninety Nine, let alone Two Thousand One Hundred when we begin the next century.

I guess it will slip into every day usage without us really noticing the change. But right now it takes a conscious effort to say it. So here goes, (whilst I am in New Year's resolution mode!):

Welcome Twenty Twelve..... 
Happy New Year! And may it be a good one!

Here's one of the last things we did before the end of 2011.... family and extended family all seated around the dining table ready to share our gingerbread house.

I got to do the honours!
Apparently I look mighty mean holding a rolling pin. The gingerbread house can attest to that! It took a few whacks, but eventually I made the anticipated break through!
Mmmm..... Look inside!

And now that the walls are crumbling down, the demolition crew stepped in to finish the job. Dare I say it, but they enjoyed the taste of sweet success!

I'll be back in the New Year with more crafting goodies for you.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.