Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bead Trends - Silver Creek Leather

In the October issue of Bead Trends magazine you'll find a project and article I designed for Silver Creek Leather featuring their new line of Realeather Jewelry components.

Silver Creek Leather is a traditional leathercraft company but this year they have expanded (or should I say, exploded) into the jewellery making market. When I first saw the Realeather Jewelry collection at CHA I was blown away by how innovative and unique this line is. It was instantly one of my favourite new products because it featured some very innovative components that were designed specifically with leather jewellery making in mind; big holes, clever clasps, interchangeable components - the list of things I like about Silver Creek Leather goes on. And there is simply nothing else on the market like it - you have got to hunt down these components and try them for yourself.

This Jewel School project highlights how to use the Bird's Cage Magnetic Clasp, not only as a clasp but also how to use it to add additional lengths to turn your bracelet into a choker, and then into a necklace. I've also created a pair of matching earrings featuring the pinch bail earring findings. I hope you'll check it out!

I've posted about the Realeather Jewelry range before and you can find a tutorial on my website at Mill Lane Studio showing you how to use the leather cuffs with the interchangeable focals.

Check back later in the week when I'll have some more Silver Creek Leather eye candy for you.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.