Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kashmiri Opulence

My work table is awash with Kashmiri beads at the moment. Take a look at these strands of colour! For some reason I can't quite explain, I am really drawn to Kashmiri beads. They are everything I dislike in a bead and yet at the same time I love them: They are big and chunky, but I like small and delicate. They are gaudy, whereas I prefer tasteful and understated. They are imperfect and yet beautiful at the same time. I find them such a contradiction!

Like I said, it makes no sense that I would like them so much and yet I couldn't wait to start creating with them. Looking at these beads individually, they are so extravagantly over the top but teamed up with crystals and silver, they look fantastic! In no time I had whipped up a dozen pieces of jewellery. Here's a bit of a peek:
No detailed pics yet because they will all be available for purchase exclusively at the Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo this weekend. You'll find them on display at the Stamp Antics stand. But here's one that has already sold. But if you prefer to make up your own unique designs, you can buy the individual strands of Kashmiri beads at the Stamp Antics stand - there are twelve designs and colours to choose from!

During the weekend, I'll be demoing Friendly Plastic, moulding with Krafty Lady art moulds and other things from 11am-2pm. I hope you'll pop in and say "Hi!"..... I'd love to see you!

Happy crafting......

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

  1. These beads are just gorgeous! Congratulations on your Honourable Mention from previous post. All entries were super.
    Regards
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.