Friday, July 2, 2010

Candy.... without the calories!

Did I ever tell you that I love making beads from Friendly Plastic? I probably have!

But have I ever told you that I love making Twist Beads? Yes, I've probably told you that too!

Twist Beads are one of the staples of my Friendly Plastic demonstrations and they're a favourite with everyone who sees them. They look just like striped candy.... only without the calories! And yes, they do look good enough to eat!

But whilst they look difficult to make, they are deceptively simple. It takes just a few simple steps to turn a strip of Friendly Plastic into a fabulous twist bead.

Want to learn how to make them? Then check out the July issue of Bead Trends magazine which features one of my Twist Bead creations in Jewel School. The article is complete with instructions and step-by-step photos from start to finish.
This issue has already hit the newsstands in the US and will be on Australian shores very soon. Ask your local newsagent to get a copy in for you and then have a go at making your own colourful candy - minus the calories of course!

Happy crafting!








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

  1. Oooh, fabby! Just found out that you can download this magazine direct from their website! FYI here's the URL:- http://www.scrapbooktrendsmag.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the link Sarah. I didn't know you could download it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab article, I feel I might be dabbling this week Mylene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, glad to get you inspired Sarah. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.