Saturday, May 22, 2010

Zentangle Jewellery

It's Saturday.... yaaaaay! And I'm pleased to put this past week behind me. In fact, this past month and a half has been a shocker at work. It's just been one of those times when anything that could go wrong, did go wrong and anything that shouldn't have gone wrong, went wrong too. It seems like my little corner of the universe is out of kilter at present. But that usually means that it is about to turn about face and go the other way so I'm really looking forward to that happening! Good things usually result from these tumultuous events so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next!

So Zentangle has been my release this week and whilst I doodled away on my stash of wooden disks earlier in the week I took to paper and card later in the week. I'm nurturing my doodling skills at the moment and trying to learn some new patterns. And as I've combined different patterns I've begun to understand things like shadow, light, negative space and positive space. Hmmph! Who would have thought you could learn so much about design from doodling?!!

Anyway, I turned one of those wooden disks I doodled earlier in the week into a piece of art jewellery and added it to my Etsy shop. Stop on by and take a look. My shop is an eclectic mix of interesting pieces with price ranges to suit all. Maybe you'll find something that takes your fancy!

Right now, I'm off to Australia's largest morning tea, supporting the Queensland Cancer Council. What a worthy way to spend a morning and enjoying a cuppa!

Have a great weekend everyone.

'Til next time,
Myléne

Would you like to comment?

  1. Gosh I wish I could doodle like that, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you could, Jane. You can do anything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.