Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Housework vs Jewellery Making

Keeping house is like stringing beads with no knot in the end of the thread

I found this wonderful quote today and thought how true it is! In my household of six adults it is a never ending quest to have a clean home. Take the laundry for instance.... no sooner has the day's laundry gone through the wash cycle, been hung out to dry, sorted, folded and put away, than there is another pile of washing at the end of the day. It is just like stringing beads without knotting the end.

So today I decided to ditch the household chores and string beads..... with a knot in the end of course! Only my knots are at the end of each feature bead.
These pebbles look really heavy but they're actually quite lightweight because they're made of resin and the stringing material is the leather cord they came on. There's absolutely no way my beads are falling off the end of the string!

Stringing beads is a much more satisfying pursuit than keeping the laundry up to date, don't you agree?

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the finished piece. If you'd like to add it to your jewellery collection why not check it out in my Etsy shop.

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.