Saturday, December 13, 2008

Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 5


Today is Day 5 of my Twelve Days of Christmas event (aka twelve ways to use one stamp challenge) and the card today is called O Tannenbaum. The scan doesn't do this one justice so a description is in order.

Looking at the photo, you might think that I've magically stamped the image on top of glitter but I can assure you that I haven't found a way to stamp directly onto glitter that leaves such a strong impression. Besides, stamping on glitter is messy and leaves glitter sparkles all over your rubber. But what I did do is stamp the image with black StazOn ink on acetate which has been wrapped around the card and attached invisibly underneath the silver ribbon on the side.

So that the image popped, I used very fine Prisma glitter and 2-way glue to create a tree directly onto the card stock underneath the acetate but you could cut the tree out of Jac Paper and sprinkle it with glitter and then apply that to the card as an alternative.

I added a few snowflakes to the acetate - some are vellum stickers, some are punched from jac paper sprinkled with glitter and the others are punched from shim. I also used shim for the label at the bottom of the tree (I just love that stuff!).

When the card is standing, the acetate layer sits away from the card front and looks really cool with its silver peel-off border, the stamped image and the scattered snowflakes - they look like they're just floating in mid air!

Christmas in my part of the world is hot (and humid) but that doesn't stop me from Dreaming of a White Christmas. And one day, I'm hoping to actually experience one. But in the meantime I will have to rely on snowy Christmas scenes and wintery Christmas Carols to get my fill.....

Would you like to comment?

  1. Argh, glitter! Keep it at your place!

    The acetate idea is cool, suits the snowy theme.

    We had a white Christmas in Canada once - so jolly cold you had to rug up in special clothes to go outside for a minute. AND it was too cold to make snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky the glitter fairies only visit once a year, eh!

    Now about that White Christmas.... I only want the romantic version - you know, eggnog, sleigh rides, halls decked in holly - not the reality version. I hate the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah!! Christmas isn't really Christmas without a little glitter somewhere!! Like this colour combination.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.