Sunday, July 27, 2008

SSI Retreat Workshops

I've been invited to guest tutor at the upcoming Southside Stampers Inc retreat so I've been a very busy girl over the past few weeks designing projects for the campers. I've been working on something a little different for the workshops as we have much more time to complete the projects than in a regular class. So if you're coming along to camp and DON'T want to see what we'll be working on, then look away now!

For those of you who couldn't resist, here's a sneak peek of the 2 projects we'll be working on. Of course, this is just a tease and the whole project will be unveiled on the weekend of the retreat!

This is the inside view of the first project. I found these great little vials that were just begging to be repurposed - they once contained coloured art sand but they were perfect for this project. No peeking at the outside though - it's under wraps but this is where we'll get creative with tyvek.

And this is just a little peek at the second project. Well, I can't show you the whole project or it would spoil the surprise! This project features a set of Crafty Secrets stamps and my favourite painting medium, Lumiere paint! What you can see here is just a segment of the booklet which nestles inside a cigarette tin.

If you're attending the retreat I hope you like what you see and that you're looking forward to it as much as I am! And I will be armed with ATCs - can't wait to swap with you all!

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.