Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 2 - CHA Summer 2012

I'm back on the show floor for Day 2 of CHA hunting out great eye candy and new products to tempt you with. One of the new trends emerging is the use of colour. Even in the distressed Ranger products line there is a definite move towards strong colour. The vintage look is still around too but there is a shift towards the whimsical look. Here's today's selection:

Tombow's Irotjen Pencils in fantastic neon shades. They glow under a black light - a very fun effect!
Tim Holtz Bottle Brush Christmas Trees - before......
and after staining - very eyecatching display!
Queen & Co's very creative washi tape table - it took 5 hours to complete!

A whimsical ferris wheel at Prima
Check in again tomorrow to see more of the things which catch my eye.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

  1. Those trees, what the??? Oh, well, you'll probably find a way to make me want them. Loving the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post pics of a make and take I did at Ranger using the wreath from the pack once I get home. Those bottle brush components add a really nostalgic touch to your artwork.

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love the trees! Can you post how you stained them please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I haven't yet done this myself but my understanding is that you fill a Mini Mister with water up to the "R" and then add one eye dropper of Distress Stain Ink Refill. Shake it to mix and then spray. A light spray will give you a softer look than a heavy spray.

      Delete
    2. Cool! Thank you Mylene. I will have to give it a try this way.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.