Saturday, May 5, 2012

Getting That Purple Glow

Yesterday I shared a pic of the luminary I'm planning to use for the dinner table for my birthday celebration. 
Sadly, I only have one purple light set and I need several to get the look I want. I've tried the white LEDs with all the other crystal shred colours I have but none of them give off the purple glow like this one does. And I really WANT purple! I LOVE purple..... and I'm determined to have it! And I have a simple solution to get it.....

..... with Jacquard Piñata Alcohol Ink!

This has got to be one of the easiest things I've ever done. A quick coat of Passion Purple on each of the LEDs is all that was needed!


And all lit up, the colour is almost identical to my purple set. Yippee!

I'm testing them tonight to see that the colour doesn't fade from the warmth the LEDs emit. They don't get hot but I just want to make sure that they will make it through the night. Here's keeping my fingers crossed!

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

  1. Gorgeous Mylene, I love purple too :-) Have you thought about trying purple glitter and a glow stick shaken up in a jar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea Sara - Will have to try that out!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.