Monday, April 2, 2012

Will the Wood Look Good?

6 pieces and counting!

That's the number of necklaces I've made trying to find jewellery that will work with THAT dress!

I don't think I have ever been so challenged trying to put together an ensemble before.

I had my heart set on using wood in the design to tie it in with the blackish-brown of the dress. So from the beads I bought at the wholesalers last week, I used the kukui nuts and faceted wooden beads. To make it less heavy visually, I broke it up with some lovely metallic chocolate sea-themed elements.
I love the finished necklace but as with all the other pieces I've made, it is simply lost amongst all the swirly colour on the dress.

So I'm heading back to the drawing board and I'm going to totally rethink my original concept.....

I'll keep you posted!

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.