Colourful resin bracelet with a sparkly magnetic clasp. Now available in my Resin Jewellery Shop.

Colourful resin bracelet with a sparkly magnetic clasp. Now available in my Resin Jewellery Shop.
These stylish bracelets feature a selection of crystal focals and silver beads and have a strong, crystal-encrusted magnetic clasp, making them perfect for the girl who can't get a regular bangle over her knuckles. They also come in larges sizes for girls with bigger wrists.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Toothbrush Bangle - Take 2!

So yesterday was a total disaster in the kitchen.

But today was a complete triumph!

With new toothbrushes to work with I had instant success and by instant, I mean in under 5 minutes.

Check out my progress below:

Placing the toothbrush into a pot of boiling water.
A couple of minutes later, it is softened enough to work. I'm using a tea towel and oven mittens to protect my hands.

Firstly, pull out the bristles with pliers - this is quite therapeutic, especially after a hard day at work!
It cools down pretty quickly, so I keep returning it to the boiling water.


A tea towel is great to protect your hands from the hot plastic plus it catches all the dripping water. I gently bend the ends upwards and around......
and keep reheating as necessary until it completely bend around.

Make sure you leave a gap so you can slide it onto your wrist.Now THAT was fun!

I hope you'll give it a go. Here's the link to the tutorial at Apostrophy Designs that I mentioned yesterday. Tori did this with the neighbourhood kids - what a great idea to keep the kids amused.

Go on, have some fun; Do a Google images search for "toothbrush bracelet" and see how many other people have had fun with this!

Happy crafting......


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin