Thursday, July 21, 2011

More from the Show Floor - CHA Day 2

I made my way straight to the other end where the new exhibitors were to make sure that I didn't miss them because I ran out of time at the Winter Show and missed a lot of the new exibitors. And I'm so pleased I did because I got to see some great new products.


This first one is a really fun product and would be perfect for tweens and the young at heart.Twistz Bandz is a fun jewellery making kit. It comes with everything you need to create continuous link of rubber bands that can be made into a bracelet, ring or even a necklace. And I dare say, that you could easily put beads inside the woven patterns for added dimension. You get the jig, a supply of the specialty rubber bands, the hook tool to help you weave the patterns and clear instructions with lots of photos. This product won an honourable mention in the CHA Innovations Award.


Next, I found a product that jewellery makers are going to love: Easy Earring Cards Punch Kit. Whether you sell your jewellery or just love to giving your pieces away, this set of punches will turn any card into a professional looking earrings card. There are two punches in the set: one for hook earrings and one for stud earrings. I did a quick make and take (including the earrings) which took all of 5 minutes. Doesn't it look professional?!

For scrapbookers and cardmakers, I found sticky back laces from Love My Tapes. No more fiddling around with glues and tapes to attach lace to your project. I love that idea, especially for lace! You can also colour it to coordinate with your project.

And here's one for anyone in to memory crafting. QR codes made a big splash at the Show with everything from labelling on products to webpage links but here's a use for them that will be useful in scrapbooking.

This is a simple idea to combine scrapbooking with digital content. Here's how it works: visit their website, download the free app for your smart phone, purchase your STKR.it sticker and attach your digital content to the sticker. You can add videos, images or anything else you can think of and permanently attach it to the code. It can then be viewed by your family and friends on either a smartphones or computer.


Sizzix celebrates its 10th Birthday this year and it has added some new dies and embossing folders to their range. Check out Eileen Hull's new line, Fresh Vintage. I'll be participating in a blog hop using her lace set embossing folder later in the year along with some other designers and I hope you'll check it out. More details to come.

And lastly for today is a really cool make and take from Tombow. Marie Browning designed the project to showcase Tombow's range of adhesives: Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Mono Adhesive Removable and Mono Adhesive PermanentI'll be back with more show news later in the week. I hope you'll stop by.

'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.