Tuesday, July 19, 2011

CHA Chicago, Here I Come!

Greetings from the Windy City. Anyone from back home will appreciate the lovely warm days that we are expecting here this week - warm, humid, low to mid 30s...... all in all, pretty much what we expect in Brisbane in Summer so this is a welcome relief from the rather chilly winter we have had this year.

It was still light when I checked in to the hotel at 8pm last night so I had a bit of a wander around the area and took a few snapshots. It was great way to stretch out the legs after the long flight!

Corner view of the Convention Center. This is the view that greets you as you come off the motorway from the airport. It looks pretty impressive.

I love the stylised rose which is the logo for the Donald Stephens Convention Center This one is huge and stands in the drive through front entrance.

When I took this shot last night, the fountain was lit up blue, but as I left the Convention Center tonight, the water was a soft shade of red. I can't wait to see what other colours it changes to. It's lovely and cool when you walk out of the hot summer sun into this lovely shaded area.

Today was Education Day which means lots of seminars, round table discussions and panel discussions. At the end of the day CHA and the local restaurants put on a wonderful spread of specialy finger foods called A Taste of Rosemont. Apart from the great food, it's a great chance to catch up with friends and acquaintances.

The show doors open tomorrow and we're all eager with anticipation to see whats new products will be released in the coming months. I can hardly wait.

I'll be back later in the week with more news from the show.



'Til next time.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.