The Perfect Gift for Mother's Day - a colourful resin bracelet with a sparkly magnetic clasp.

The Perfect Gift for Mother's Day - a colourful resin bracelet with a sparkly magnetic clasp.
These stylish bracelets feature a selection of crystal focals and silver beads and have a strong, crystal-encrusted magnetic clasp, making them perfect for the girl who can't get a regular bangle over her knuckles. They also come in larges sizes for girls with bigger wrists.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Designer Friendly Plastic Pen

I've been playing around with Jana Ewy's fracture and fusion technique over the last couple of weeks and have produced some lovely multi-coloured strips of Friendly Plastic. Her technique is featured in the Winter 2009 issue of Belle Armoire and she produces the most amazing bangles and jewellery pieces with it - you really should check it out.

So, armed with all these lovely coloured strips I decided it was time to create something with them. And it suddenly occurred to me how beautiful this technique would be on a pen. And that's how I used it. Not too bad for a first attempt! Of course, I'm only showing you the best side..... it is a prototype after all. But the experiment worked and that was the important thing here. And now my head is spinning with more ideas and I'm going to claim every pen I can lay my hands on to try some other things out. I can see some wonderful possibilities with Friendly Plastic and pens.

This one will need a coating of resin to make it more durable and then it should stand up to the rigours of daily use - not sure that I'd leave it on the dashboard of the car though but I guess that's an experiment for another day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin