Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 8

Today is Day 8 of the Challenge and it brings yet another new look.

Using the same Basic Grey collection of papers and rubons, Ive created a swing card which works really well with a Christmas tree stamp. There is quite a bit of detail on this card so I've included a few extra photos for you to feast on.

Frosted Christmas Tree

I started by stamping the image with Brilliance Moonlight White which I was planning to emboss but I wasn't quick enough and very little of the EP stuck so I touched it up with my trusty Uniball Signo White pen. The heart border around the tree comes in a roll and luckily, it's self adhesive so no glue is required - you just peel away the backing and place it where you want it. Great product!I've added a lacey white border rub-on down the spine of the card (this one is called Swirling Samba from Imaginisce) and attached a triangle of triangles cut from the Basic Grey paper.I also stamped the tree on the triangle paper and traced over it with Liquid Applique and Prisma Glitter before heating it with the heat gun to puff it up. The holly berries spelling joy are Collections chipboard buttons dipped in Waratah Opals stamped with an alphabet stamp and Encore Gold ink. It takes a really long time for Encore to dry on Opals and you have to be careful not to smear it. Brilliance Graphite Gold dries faster but I prefer the colour of Encore Gold and so I just take care not to touch it. I Cuttlebugged the back flap of the card and swiped the embossed circles with Brilliance Moonlight White ink. And finally, I added a few red crystals for a bit of bling!

Now here's a reward for making it to the bottom of this post. I'm having a blog candy give away and one lucky reader will win the bangle in the pic below. It's a handmade resin bangle I've made using a Krafy Lady bangle mould. To be in the running, all you need to do is leave a comment on any of the posts in my Twelve Days of Christmas series - the more posts you comment on, the more chances you have of winning. I'll pick the winner randomly and will announce it on my blog on my first post after the Twelve Days are finished. And, you don't have to be in Australia to win this... I will post overseas. So don't forget to check back to see if you're the winner (or leave your contact details so that I can contact you) - you'll have 3 days after I post the winner's name to claim your prize otherwise I'll do a redraw. Until tomorrow........

Would you like to comment?

  1. Hi Mylene, Thank you for sharing your challenge. I am really enjoying it. Day 7 was my favourite until today. I love the swing card! How do you come up with so many different ideas?

    Regards
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swing Cards! Wow! I made some years ago - I spent some time trying to work out the science of them. Never did. Obviously works best with symmetrical cards. I had this one Magenta bird stamp that did it really well. I thought. I was a beginner then, so everything looked really cool to me.

    I love the heart tape stuff, and the circly cuttlebug folder is very satisfying.

    See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another 2 fantastic cards, this swing one is absolutely gorgeous - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....lots of detail and work in this one - probably my favourite. Love the Basic Grey paper on the back of the 'tree' and the 'bling' on the embossing. Just trying to work out how you did the cuttlebug embossing! Lots of work in this one, not the design you would want to make for ALL the rellies!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card and love the colours used.
    I like the mix of styles and products used by you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favourite so far. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Mylene - this is fabulous! I love how the tree shows the other side as you open the card :) Robyn Wood

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.