Friday, May 2, 2008

Charm Bracelet

Yesterday I spent an enjoyable day wandering around the Brisbane Stitches and Craft Show. My girls had both wanted to come too, but one was snowed under with uni studies and for the other, it was a school day but both put in orders for me to bring them home a jewellery kit. This wasn't a difficult task because there was an abundance of stall holders vending their beading wares.

I found a gorgeous crystal channel bracelet for the younger one - very delicate, lots of sparkle and in one of her favourite colours - blue! So I presented it to her last night thinking it will make a great long weekend project for her (we have a public holiday here in Brisbane this weekend). She looked at me with her puppy dog eyes and asked if I'd make it up for her! No problems, but kind of defeats the purpose of bringing home a kit doesn't it?

Anyway, here's the finished bracelet - very pretty indeed......

Well that was the younger daughter taken care of. For the older one, who is quite capable when it comes to handling a pair of pliers for jewellery making, I found a cute little mobile phone charm kit in the shape of a handbag - just the thing for a young lady. But this will be a little bit of a challenge for her as it uses a pattern - something she hasn't tackled before. No pics of this one yet as it will be a while before she can find some free time to work on it.

I also found these cute little frog beads at Eureka Beads

This little guy is destined to be made up into a charm bracelet too. Look out for more pics of that one later on.

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.