I wanted to try sandpapering the surface to see what sort of effect I'd get. Nothing technical about this - just scratch the surface with the sandpaper to reveal the hidden colour!
Well that worked, so I pulled out the Cuttlebug and an embossing folder and ran a piece of card from the Hocus Pocus collection through. Once again the front is black and the back and core are another colour. I used 180 grit paper, but you'll get different effects with different grits.
Because of the linen texture, it didn't completely remove the black surface but it still revealed the core colour in a distressed sort of way. I used the same card to die cut the letters and also to make the card. The back of the card is about 1cm wider than the front so that you can see the inside card colour which is black.
The flower pic is a Rachel Greig black and white image from Stamp-It and I've used chalks to add just a hint of colour to it. To see how to tie the bow, check this earlier post.