Saturday, March 15, 2008

Opals in my studio





In the process of tidying my studio over the last couple of weeks, I found some left over Opals embossing powders which had been melted for another project. There wasn't much of any colour in particular, but rather a whole lot of little bits. So, once re-melted and swirled together with the addition of a little bit of Snow Gum powder, I cast the Opals in Krafty Lady Art Moulds and these became the focus of some pieces of jewellery I made this week. I finished them off with the addition of a few shell beads and some turquoise-coloured glass pearls.
This was a great project to actually get rid of some of the clutter in my studio. And, there will be more pieces to come using different colour combinations - I'll post those results later.

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment is really appreciated.