The Perfect Gift for Mother's Day - a colourful resin bracelet with a sparkly magnetic clasp.

The Perfect Gift for Mother's Day - a colourful resin bracelet with a sparkly magnetic clasp.
These stylish bracelets feature a selection of crystal focals and silver beads and have a strong, crystal-encrusted magnetic clasp, making them perfect for the girl who can't get a regular bangle over her knuckles. They also come in larges sizes for girls with bigger wrists.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

More Effektiv storage!


In a household of 2 adults and 4 teenagers - (whoops, that's now 3 adults and 3 teenagers - my 21 year old would never forgive me for that!), storage really is a challenge and that's to be expected. But with no built in storage (other than a linen cupboard and kitchen cabinets) all storage has to be free standing.

Yesterday, I posted an image of the Ikea Effectiv drawer units I have finally assembled... but on Wednesday I made a great discovery at Ikea - they make height extension units in this range. You can imagine my excitement when I saw these as my drawer units are no longer available. Yet here were these height extension units which will fit on top of my drawers.

So yesterday morning, I took to assembling the first one. Easy, peasy..... Ikea furniture always fits together so well! But then I hit a hitch. The holes on the top of my discontinued drawer units don't align with the pre-drilled holes on the bottom of the height extension units. No worries - I'm handy with a drill! So after a few minutes of some accurate measuring, I drilled the necessary 4 holes, screwed in the screws, placed the extension on top and tightened where directed. The only drawback from adding on this unit is that there is a 5mm gap at the back as it wasn't really designed with the Effektiv drawers in mind but otherwise, it fits well. Shelves still to come and maybe one day I will even fit doors to hide the clutter that will gather in there but in the meantime, I'll keep it with it's back to the viewer and no-one will see.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin